Friday, July 11, 2014

Being Home

It's been about two weeks since I have been back. I just finished posting all of the pictures on my facebook page from my trip. It was wonderful looking at them again, like I was reliving the moments. When I closed my eyes, it's like I was there. I am sad because it is over. 

Japan taught me valuable lessons that I do not think I would have learned here. Even then, there is still so much I don't know. At the moment, I am enjoying being human. I've messed up since being home and I am having a hard time adjusting (again). The jet-lag is killing me and I am not looking forward to working again.

I realize that this is a bit different than all of my other posts. I apologize for the depressing tone of my voice but there is just so much happening. I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed. I miss Japan. I miss that life. I always knew it would be short... that I would come back... I guess I just wished that a miracle would let me stay.

Reality is harsh. If anything, Japan made my problems go away and now that I am back, I have to face them. I need the courage to face them. I have to rise above all of my weaknesses and face them sooner or later.

But when I do, what will happen? It is the answer that keeps me awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment